Today we're joined by Mike Wong of OnOneSoftware, who gives away a copy of the $499 Plug-In Suite 4. I say "$499" because that's what they charge for the bundle; if you bought the plug-ins individually, they'd cost over $1000! You can get the show here.
"Suite?" They should call it "sweeeeet!" Cause it is. ("Sweet" instead of "suite." Get it? Funny, right? That's the kind of phonetic humor I just can't do on the show. See what you're missing?) Even better, although it's called the Plug-In Suite 4, it has six great plugs:
- Genuine Fractals 5 Print Pro for high-quality enlargements,
- PhotoTools 1 Professional Edition
- Mask Pro 4 for removing backgrounds
- PhotoFrame 3.1 Professional Edition for the perfect finishing touch to your photo
- PhotoTune 2 for professional quality color correctionz
- FocalPoint 1 for adding selective blur and vignettes to your photos.
Schwing! Be sure to send us an answer to the trivia question we ask on the show by Sept 30, 2008, for a chance to win this fantastic bundle: [email protected].
Here's just a little something something I played with in FocalPoint. This effect took about 15 seconds to apply:
Before Focal Point:
After Focal Point:
These is just my quick example, which would be pretty good if, for some reason, you wanted to call attention to the "staff only" warning on the sign. I used Focal Point's blurring capability to put the focus on the lettering. While I was in the FC control panel, I also threw in some vignetting to darken the edges a bit. See how the blur and light work together to draw your eye to what I want you to focus on? It was so easy. This is a plug-in I'm going to love playing with.
Visit the Focal Point homepage for some better examples and the free video tutorials.
In other news, Michael and I talked about the Canon 50D and the teaser ad for a possible Canon 5D replacement. Of course, that camera is just imagined at this point, but you can buy a 50D today! Nikon's also been making news with the D90. David Pogue from the NY Times thinks the video capacity of this bad boy is nifty.
If you just click here to Subscribe to TPN :: The Digital Photography Show by Email you'll get the posts announcing each new show in you email. That's gotta be better than most of your spam, no? We’d love to hear what you thought of the show either here on the blog or at [email protected]. Wanna participate in the show?
- Send us an email at [email protected].
- Leave a comment at www.TheDigitalPhotographyShow.com
- Call in a voice mail to US 301-637-7767
- If you're on MySpace, you can friend me!
- Check me out on Facebook, too!
- Join the listener-run (thanks Laurel and Frank!) Flickr group Friends of The Digital Photography Show at http://flickr.com/groups/thedps.
- Check out my first novel on Amazon.com - First You Fall. Fair warning -it's only for grownups!