On today's show, Michael and I talk about how to take great spring pictures. Whether it's capturing the right light, putting the focus on your subject, or taking advantage of spring backgrounds to beautify your portraits, we have you covered.
We also talk about Olympus's calling an end to the megapixel wars (hooray!), the new book by Joe McNally "The Hot Shoe Diaries: Big Light from Small Flashes" and Canon's recent upgrade of an existing digital camera to shoot RAW - pretty cool, Canon.
Michael also raves about the iPhone software "Focalware," which calculates the position of the sun and moon from rise to set anywhere in the world, at anytime of the year by utilizing your location and date information.
SmugMug is our favorite site for sharing and - should you chose to accept this assignment - selling your photos. SmugMug has two fantastic offers just for our listeners:
- 50% off your SmugMug service at any level (enter code "Flickr" at checkout). This is a fantastic discount and you should take advantage of it in time to share your holiday photos!
- A free camera strap to any listener of Digital Photography Life: This one is just crazy. A high-quality camera strap that replaces the neck-slicing piece of canvas that your camera's manufacturer condescended to include with your DSLR. Get your freebie here.
Remember, when the bill collectors call, we don't pick up the phone, but you can find us everywhere, including:
- Digital Photography Life on Twitter
- Digital Photography Life Email
- Digital Photography Life listener group on Flickr
- Digital Photography Life on Facebook
- Digital Photography Life on SmugMug
- Michael on Facebook
- Scott on Facebook
- Scott on MySpace
For those of you who have been supportive of my OTHER life, as a mystery writer, I hope you'll be glad to know that my first novel, First You Fall, received a prestigious Lambda Literary Award Nomination for "Best Men's Mystery of the Year."
Thanks as always to SmugMug and Lensbaby for their support of this free resource. And thanks to you for listening!