What do you buy when you want it all? Today, Michael tells us not only about the hot new Nikon D300s he just picked up, but about all the swag he got to deck it out, Digital Photography Life style.
Michael is a power user, so I guess it's natural most of his gear is about keeping his new toy charged up and ready to go. Here's the gear he picked up for double and triple redundancy:
- Camera Grip: The Nikon MB-D10
- Next generation rechargeable NiMH batteries by Eneloop
- Hi-tech battery recharger from MAHA: The Ultimate Professional Charger (their words, not mine!)
- Battery Pack for the Nikon SB-900 External Flash, the Nikon SD-9
We also discuss two high-end cameras coming out from Leica - theLeica M9 andLeica X1 - nice sounding gear, but with the price tags to match. The M9 has a list price of $7,750 for all its rangefindery goodness, and the fixed focal length high end point and shoot Leica X1 lists for $2,200. I'm not saying they're not worth it, I'm just saying: Wow.
But not everything good in life has a high price tag? How about these savings from SmugMug - our favorite place to host and sell out photos?
SmugMug has two fantastic offers just for our listeners:
- 50% off your SmugMug service at any level (enter code "Flickr" at checkout). This is a fantastic discount and you should take advantage of it in time to share your holiday photos!
- A free camera strap to any listener of Digital Photography Life: This one is just crazy. A high-quality camera strap that replaces the neck-slicing piece of canvas that your camera's manufacturer condescended to include with your DSLR. Get your freebie here.
Remember, when it's time to clean the gutters, we're no where to be found, but you can contact us everywhere, including:
- Digital Photography Life on Twitter
- Digital Photography Life Email
- Digital Photography Life listener group on Flickr
- Digital Photography Life on Facebook
- Digital Photography Life on SmugMug
- Michael on Facebook
- Scott on Facebook
- Scott on MySpace
Thanks for listening!